A’besco offers a range of high quality window furnishings and lifestyle products to clients based in the Caringbah, New South Wales.
As a family owned and operated, award winning business, A’besco has catered to an entire generation of home owners and commercial clients. With over 30 years of industry experience, we are passionate about providing the best advice on quality curtains. We understand the importance of selecting the perfect fabric, design and texture to create warmth, fashion and elegance in your home.
A’besco boasts an extensive range of curtains in Caringbah, including the S-fold or Ripplefold, Wave, Box Pleat, Pinch Pleat, Knife Pleat, Pencil Pleat and many more. Our blackout and thermal drapery curtains provide efficient protection against the elements, offers further privacy and assists with energy saving as well as making a great tool for controlling light. Additionally, we also have contemporary sheer curtains in Caringbah, fabric covered pelmets, valances, swags and tails which can be added for decorative purposes. At A’besco, we focus on finding the best design solution for your home or business.
With a strong desire to position A’besco at the top of the industry, we are committed to establishing trusting relationships and exceeding clients’ expectations. All of our products are made to order and are of superior quality and reputation, whilst still maintaining remaining cost effective. A’besco staff attend national and international trade shows to ensure that they are kept up to date with the latest in window furnishings and external sun protection, so you can be assured that you’ll receive the most current advice.
A selection of curtains that we are proud to offer includes:
- S-Fold or Ripple fold – A minimal, contemporary style which is very popular with designers and architects due to its simplicity and continuous wave effect. These are made using a narrow woven header tape with press studs, which is then sewn at the top. These press studs then clip into S-Fold/Ripple fold runners on the curtain track and create the ‘S’ shape. This style can only be used on certain rods and tracks.
- Wave – A very similar style to S-Fold and Ripple fold. These are produced using a clear mesh like tape sewn at the top of the curtain, which is virtually invisible behind even the sheerest of fabrics. Unlike S-Fold, Wave curtains use separate hooks instead of press studs, so you can vary the amount of fullness. Can only be used on certain rods and tracks.
- Box Pleated – A more tailored look, where the fabric drapes into deep folds down the whole length. Box pleat is often used to create the same even wave as the S-Fold, when space is limited at the top and cannot fit the bulky S-fold header. The pleats butt onto each other with no space in-between them, to create an even and flat heading. Can be used on most tracks and rods with standard runners.
- Pencil Pleated – A simple casual style which can have quite a relaxed feel due to no structured pleating, just a continuous gather. Pencil pleated curtains have tightly gathered folds about the width of a pencil which runs the whole width. Can be used on most tracks and rods with standard runners.
- Pinch Pleated – Also known as Double Pinch Pleat, Triple Pinch Pleat, French Pleat or Butterfly Pleat. A traditional, classic look which is best suited to more formal areas of the house. They have 1, 2 or 3 folds of fabric sewn together at intervals across the top of the curtain that fans out at the top and bottom. Fullness is controlled by the pleats so curtains can be anywhere from 2-3 times gather. Can be used on most tracks and rods with standard runners.
- Knife Pleated – A continuous pleat which is sewn flat in one direction. Typically used when the header will not be seen and needs to sit in a narrow space (i.e. in a ceiling recess or under a pelmet). This is often the style that is used for sheer curtains when they are to hang behind blockouts in a double set up. Can be used on most tracks and rods with standard runners.
Our fully trained, friendly staff are on call to provide you with a detailed quotation to suit your individual requirements for your curtains in Caringbah. We welcome you to visit our impressive showroom, or alternatively, we can provide a free measure and quote at your home or business. Complete our online form or call us on today 9589 5930.